I am unhappy with a decision made by the court – what can I do? 


image of a gavelIf you don’t agree with a decision by the Children’s Court or Youth Court, you may be able to challenge the decision. This is called an appeal.




image of courtAn appeal is different to an application to change or cancel the orders. Not all decisions can be appealed.




image of legal adviceYou can get legal adviceACTNSWNTQldSATasVicWA to find out if you have grounds to appeal a decision and if you are likely to be successful.




image of a watchThere are time-limits about when you can appeal so you should get legal adviceACTNSWNTQldSATasVicWA as soon as possible.




Also see things have changed and I want my children back – what can I do?


Quick Exit

© Copyright National Legal Aid 2019. All rights reserved. All illustrations by Frances Cannon.

Skip to content